



Friday night Colegio San Marcos threw a get-together (or carrete) for the faculty! We had appetizers (empanadas of course), drinks and a full steak dinner. After dinner all of the new teachers had to stand up and introduce ourselves (as you can see me waiting for the mic)...I was so nervous, but it was fine. Then there were a few games and salsa dancing! The party started at 8, and I left at 1am...but most people were still there! Chileans know how to have a good time :)
In the first photo, you can see four of us (out of a total of seven) from the English Department. Stephanie, in yellow, is the other 'TIP' from the U.S. Her parents are from Ecuador and El Salvador...so she blends in better than I do! Then in white is Paulina, and in gray is Pamela. I work with Paulina in 8th-10th grade! Pamela teaches the little ones, so I haven't had the chance to work with her, but she's really sweet.
If you look at the picture with everyone eating dinner, the guy on the right with the beard is our principal, Don Julio.
Just thought you might like to see who I work with every day. I'll try to take more soon of the other English teachers. Tonight I went out for dinner with a few of them and other high school teachers...finally I'm starting to make Chilean friends!!
Love and miss you all.
Peace and grace,
LG
No comments:
Post a Comment