Saturday I went to the Concha y Toro Vineyard just outside of Santiago with about six other friends. This is one of the biggest wine companies in the world, and I love their Casillero del Diablo (Devil's Castle) cabernet sauvignon...I buy it all the time in the States! It's pretty cheap and quite delicious! Instead of writing about it, I decided to do a photo tour this time :)
Bienvenidos a Concha y Toro
Ronny, our knowledgeable tour guide.
The winery.
Apparently back before there were security cameras and secure locks, the Concha y Toro family experienced a lot of break-ins during the night. Finally, the owner started hiding in the barrels and scaring all of the thieves with creepy sounds. The thieves got scared by the 'ooo-ing' that they stopped stealing bottles of wine because they thought the place was haunted. Now, it's a big joke at the winery, and that's supposed to be the devil in the shadow in the back.
How cool! I remember taking the international students to the viƱas all the time :)
ReplyDeleteNo sabia de ese vino "Amelia". Deber ser muy dulce jaja.
Me alegro que lo estes pasando bien. Siempre pienso en ti, sis
Un abrazo
I really like casillero del diable too! Although, I think their brand in south america tastes better then the wine they sell in the states. What do you think?
ReplyDelete