Tuesday, January 27, 2009

three more days of banking...really?

I can't believe how fast time has flown. It feels like just yesterday that I found the TeachingChile program and thought, what the heck, I'll apply and see what happens! And now, all of a sudden, I'm winding down my last few days at the bank. I've been overwhelmed by the reactions and responses from my wonderful Wachovia (yes, I'm still saying Wachovia) colleagues. Not only did my boss throw an amazing luncheon last week, but everyone I run into is eager to learn more about my adventures. People aren't as shocked by my decision as I thought they might be, but rather encouraging and excited. I don't think other departments in 'corporate world' have this type of community, and I've realized these past few weeks how lucky I am to be a part of...dare I say it, Internal Audit. Thank you to you all!!



Other than wrapping up my projects at work, I've been recovering from some graceful crashes on the ski slopes (Sugar Mountain, NC) and arranging for emergency medical insurance (for Chile) the past few days. Ironic?? Hahah



I had an incredible time in the mountains with some fellow Watershedders (thank you for the awesome hospitality, Kayla!), and am so grateful for the quality time we got to spend together. Oh how I'm going to miss the uncontrollable laughter and crazy story-telling...and Heidi's massages :)



This past Monday evening I went with a few Watershed folks to hear Shane Claiborne, author of 'Irresistible Revolution,' speak. I haven't even read the book yet, but it's now on the top of my list, so I plan to take it with me and read on the plane/my first few days in Chile. Just listening to him for a few hours, I was absolutely inspired to find my passion in this world (maybe I'm getting closer to it by moving to Chile? We'll see...) And in doing so, I hope to love on people enough to inspire them to go after their passion and purpose. The guy couldn't have been but a few years older than me, and he's worked with Mother Theresa! He lives communally and strives to show unconditional love every day...I can't believe it. I'm so excited to read his book...and I was thinking if I start feeling lonely at the beginning of my trip, I'll just have to email all of you that I know read the book so we can discuss via email :)



This weekend I'll be packing, packing, and doing more packing. Then I'm excited to make the trek up through Raleigh, Richmond and finally DC to visit with close family and friends before heading out. I can't wait to catch up with everyone along the way!!



Peace and grace on your week.

LG

3 comments:

  1. Hey friend! I love you're blog, it's so you! Last night was a blast...I miss all of us hanging out together! I cant wait to talk to you on skype and hear about all the amazing things youve seen and done.

    Remember, stay strong and dont let anyone steal your bread basket...that's what she said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you already. I can't believe my lg is going off to chile!! I had such a good time wednesday... thanks for cuddling with me, you left your toothbrush btw. And don't forget to give us the address to the hostel so we can send you your little gift!
    -Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to read your thoughts on the book...its a good one!

    ReplyDelete